Thursday, August 2, 2007

The New Game Engine

This is going to be a quick but important update. Today marks the beginning of my new game engine. Even though work on Project: Undead and Macabre is going well, I'm getting less productive each day. So rather than scrap those games completely and start something new, I'm going to put those projects on hold and write a new scrolling engine that I hope will support any type of scrolling game. If it turns out to be better than my current engine, I'll most likely switch over to the new engine for Project: Undead. I've never been massively productive on Macabre, simply because writing a 3D renderer is hard work and I'm still learning a lot of things about it. I haven't lost interest in those projects, but I need more of an incentive to work on them. It's a shame, mainly because those are my two most ambitious games, but maybe the new engine will give me more of a reason to work on Project: Undead. Another motivator would be to limit the amount of time I deathmatch in a day!

No comments: