Thursday, August 30, 2007

Daily Progress

Lately, I've been so immersed in KevEngine 2 that I forgot to keep this updated with my daily progress!

Anyway, here's what's going on:

- Wrote map loading code. It loads text files into a 2D array which can then be parsed as a tilemap.
- Removed the mouse code.
- Wrote a render_player function that draws the player sprite at a given x and y coordinate.
- Wrote a copyright_info function that writes copyright information in the lower left-hand corner.
- Created a colors.h file that stores information about the engine's different colors. So far, it contains black, white, and gray.

Writing the map code was really tricky, since it's fairly low-level and it must work correctly so that nothing gets messed up. It works fine, but if I would tell the program to load the wrong file, it would crash the entire engine and unpredictable things could happen to the loaded file. That being said, I tend to check my code very carefully before compiling and running.

No comments: