Saturday, November 3, 2007

The New Game

Well, now that KevEngine 2 is totally finished, I'm back to writing actual gameplay code! Because I've changed the game's design a little bit, I feel like I should write something here.

While nothing is totally written in stone, I'm changing the idea of the game being a multi-directional shooter to a vertical shooter. I was playing through Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Demonstar the other day and I decided to have a go at doing another vertical shooter. The game is still centered on the idea of modern tank combat and will still feature multiplayer.

I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sent you a pm on gamedev.net, I want to have a chat. :)

Anonymous said...

What compiler are you using with Allegro? Did you find it difficult to install Allegro and get it working? I'm having problems, but I think it's because I haven't read all the directions yet. :)

KG_Brad said...

I'm using Dev-C++. I didn't have any trouble getting it to work since I downloaded it from DevPaks.org. Click the link that says "Allegro" and download the one that says "Allegro - Library version 4.2.1"

Also, check a good site for tutorials: www.cppgameprogramming.com

Anonymous said...

I was using Visual Studio 8, now I'm using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 Everything works like it's supposed to now. I guess it's a little bit of a pain to make Visual Studio work with it. Oh well, at least I'll be able to make some progress now. Thanks for the link for the programming site, I'm going through their tutorials. :)

KG_Brad said...

No problem! Good luck with it!