Saturday, October 6, 2007

Whoops!

The background rotation function that was finished (or so I thought) needed a little tweaking.

Now, I have a bigger problem on my hands: A catastrophic (maybe an exaggeration) bug that causes it to not pivot properly.

Instead of writing a lot about it here, I'll point you to the thread that I posted on GameDev.Net: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=467333

And here's the video that I made to demonstrate what's going on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_SNtwHymnw

5 comments:

MrTambourineMan said...

Nasty bug indeed

KG_Brad said...

It's probably the worst bug I've ever wrote, and I've been programming for a long time! I'm just going to work at this until it's fixed. After all, I did say I was going to have the first tech-demo out next week :)

MrTambourineMan said...

Next week ? I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

KG_Brad said...

Yep, next week. I'm not going to say what day, since I don't know yet, but it will definately be sometime next week.

KG_Brad said...

If I can't get the bug fixed, I'll release a tech-demo with the basic scrolling functions. It won't be as interesting, but it'll at least show that I've been making progress and not wasting time :)