Monday, September 17, 2007

Daily Progress

Here's what's going on:

Finished:

- Map loading function is totally finished.
- Tilemap renderer is totally finished.

W.I.P.:

- Text functions.
- Player/Input functions.

Something interesting I want to do is keep all of the player and input code separated so that the engine remains flexible for all types of scrolling games. I'm definately going to have something to show soon, just stay patient!

As for work on my actual games, Project: Undead is still on hold. The code is going to be scrapped for my new engine and the graphics are still being worked on. Macabre is still early in development and will most likely stay that way until Project: Undead is finished. I would also like to take this time to mention a side project I've been thinking about ever since I started working on KevEngine 2. It's a futuristic, top-down tank combat game. I don't have a whole lot planned at the moment, but it is definately a serious thought.

No comments: